Some information on the voter-id card
The Voter-id card in India plays an extremely important role. This card is issued by the authorities of the Election Commission of India to every Indian citizen who has attained the age of 18 years. Most importantly, one should have this card in his hand as it is the most important identity proof in India and it allows the Indian citizens to cast their votes for electing the government. Besides being generally used as an identity proof, it is also used as address proof and age proof of an individual in general and also in the times of election. The voter-id card also plays an important role as an age proof while one goes ahead to apply for the passport which also proves him to be an Indian.
Documents needed to apply for the voter-id card online
- Soft copy of colored passport size photograph
- Address proof
- ID Proof
- Age Proof
Steps to apply for the voter-id card online
- First, one needs to log into the official web-link of https://www.eci-citizenservices.nic.in .This website allows all the citizens of India to apply for their voter-id card through the online process. This is also the official website of the Election Commission of India.
- After visiting the home page, the details that are needed have to be entered. The detail includes the username, mobile number, office contact list and password, forgotten password and registration for the new users. If an individual has already registered himself, he only needs to provide with the username or mobile number along with his password. And then he will have to submit it.
- The ones who are applying for their voter-id cards for the first time will have to select the option of New User Registration.
- A fresh page will next get opened where the mobile number along with the email address of the new user will be asked for. Here, the individual should enter the mobile number and email address that is active and used every day. After providing these details, the option of ‘Register’ is to be clicked on.
- Then a code for verification is sent to the mobile number that has been provided by the applicant during registration. This code is then to be entered on the displayed webpage.
- One will have to then click on to the option of ‘Proceed’. This will open a new webpage which will display the ‘FORM 6 APPLICATION’. Here the applicant will have to fill in all the necessary details like Name, DOB (Date of Birth), and Place of Birth, District, Language, City, Sex and all others.
- The documents that are mentioned above are to be uploaded.
- All the details that have been entered should be rechecked thoroughly.
- Finally click on to ‘Submit’.
- After the form has been submitted, an id number for the application gets generated. This number should be noted as it helps in future to track the application of the voter-id that has been submitted.