The UAN or the Universal Account Number is often heard when the question of the EPF or the Employee’s Provident Fund arises. The Universal Account Number or the UAN is a special number that is provided to every individual for the reason of the multiple member-ids that gets issued by the different organizations. The ones who yet does not have the UAN should immediately register for it for availing the benefits that are only possible with the UAN.
Need for linking the Multiple Member Identification Numbers
The major objective behind linking the identification numbers is for assisting and helping the member in viewing the details of the Member Identification Numbers that has been linked to it. It is to be noted that a person who is already having the UAN number should provide it to the organization under which he is taking up a new job. With this, the new employer can then link up the Member Identification Number to the Universal Identification Number that has already been issued.
UAN Registration UAN Activation UAN Status
Benefits from UAN
- The transfer of PF has almost become a hassle free task with the UAN as all the accounts of PF have the same UAN.
- Even if one shifts from one job to another throughout his entire career, his UAN remains the same.
- With the help of the UAN, one can withdraw, view and also transfer his EPF balance, can claim and the check the status of his transfer, can update the documents of the KYC and can also download the UAN Card.
- With the deposit of every PF, the employees receive a notification through SMS.
- With the help of the UAN, one can also apply for the online transfer of the PF.
- With the UAN, the transfers and withdrawal of the EPF has become a lot easier.
Accessing the details of the UAN
Now, one can access the details of their individual UAN by logging in to the website of the UAN Member Portal. For getting directed to the needed website one can click on to the link of http://uanmembers.epfoservices.in/ .
Steps to download the UAN card
- After logging in to the above mentioned website, one should provide with their username and password.
- From the option of download one has to click on the option of Download UAN Card.
- One can either print the UAN card or save it after they have completed the downloading.
- It is necessary for every individual today, to have the UAN or the Universal Account Number as there are quite a number of things that is only possible with the UAN.
- The UAN is generated by the EPFO for every individual who contributes for the PF.
- An individual can have only one UAN.
- Now, the government has provided the citizens with the online facility of both generating the UAN and also activating it.
- One can also check the status of his UAN through the online services or by visiting the website.
The Universal Account Number or the UAN was first introduced by the organization which runs the Employee’s Provident Fund in India. This account number is a unique number consisting of 12 digits that is issued to every employee by the organization of EPF. It is also to be noted that the UAN number that is issued by the EPFO is a unique number with which an employee can be identified till his retiring time. It is almost similar to PAN card number.
Issuing of the UAN
The UAN or the Universal Account Number gets issued to all the members of the Provident Fund and it is also issued to every employer so that they can both download it and pass it on to their employees. One can check the status of the UAN and also know about it in a few simple ways once they have registered themselves successfully at the official site of the EPFO.
UAN Number UAN Activation UAN Status
Steps involved in registering the UAN
- After one receives the Universal Account Number or the UAN from his employer, he is then supposed to visit the official site of the EPFO or the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization India.
- One can also click on the link that is mentioned here for visiting the official website. The link is https://uanmembers.epfoservices.in/
- The next step is to click on to the option of Activate UAN Based Registration.
- One will then be directed to another page that will show Activate Your UAN Based Registration.
- Here, one is required to enter his UAN followed by his member id as well as his mobile number.
- One also needs to select the state to which he belongs along with the office from the provided drop down menu.
- In the very next step, one needs to enter the characters that are shown in the image. It is to be remembered that all the characters are case sensitive.
- Finally, one should click on for getting the PIN. This is very important as it is the Authorisation PIN and one receives it on the mobile number which he had submitted while filling up the details.
The few next steps
Once, all these processes have been completed, one will get directed to another webpage which will display the information in the following manner- Member’s Credentials Verified. On this very page, one will be able to create his own password for logging in to the portal.
In this way, one can get access to the portal and the different facilities of the UAN. It is also important to remember that the UAN will be one’s Username for the whole life. With the above mentioned methods, one can easily complete the registration steps and formalities of the UAN without facing much difficulty. The members do receive a message on the registered mobile number regarding the registration which may come in use in future and one should never forget the username and the password for logging in to the official website of the EPFO.
For activating the UAN or the Universal Account Number, previously one had to visit the official website of the EPFO. But with the advancement in technology, one can now easily activate the UAN either with the help of mobile application or with the help of a SMS. For getting the details of the PF within a short period of time, recently a service of missed call has been added to it. Today, it is also possible for the people to check the status of their UAN in a hassle free method.
Activation of the UAN with the help of mobile application
For getting the mobile application, one will have to first visit the Google Play Store for downloading the UAN Activation Mobile App. This is the easiest and also the safest thing one can do for the activation of the UAN. It is to be kept in mind that there are many other links and apps available for doing the same but they are not marked to be safe. So, it is recommended to download and use the mobile app of Google play store that has been mentioned above. The categories that are mentioned below can get advantage from this app.
- Employees can receive the credit alerts along with the details of the PF balance.
- Pensioners can have an access to the disbursement details of the pension.
- The employer can track down the Remittances of the Provident Fund.
UAN Number UAN Registration UAN Status
The mobile app can be downloaded by clicking on the link- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.phonegap.helloepfo
UAN activation through SMS
One can use the method of sending an SMS for activation of the UAN if the method mentioned above is not in use. The manner in which one can send the SMS is given below
EPFOHO ACT, <<12 Digit UAN Number>>,<<22 digit MemberID>>to 7738299899.
It is to be remembered that there is no comma before and after in the SMS that is sent for Activation of the UAN.
Facility of the Missed Call for the Activation of the UAN
The members who are registered with the EPFO can give a missed call to 011-22901406. With the help of this missed call, the member will be able to get the details of the latest and also of the PF balance if the UAN of the member has been seeded either with a bank account number, Aadhar card number or the PAN card number.
Hence, with the steps mentioned above, one will be easily able to activate their UAN through the help of SMS, mobile application and through the new service of the missed call. The service of receiving the details of the PF with the help of the UAN had made the citizen’s life easier. Thus the ones, who have not yet activated their UAN should do it immediately as the method of activation has become much easier. It should be activated so that they can receive the alerts as well as the details of PF which the UAN provides the people and the members having it.
Today, the UAN or the Universal Account Number holds great importance to every employee and employer and one should be having proper knowledge about it when the things related to the Provident Funds come to question. The UAN is almost similar to the PAN card but the main difference is that the EPFO or the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization issues the UAN.
Steps for checking the status of the UAN
- First of all one need to visit the official website of the UAN or the Universal Account Number.
- It is to be noted that the links for the employees and the employers are different and one should select the link that matches his category.
- The employees or the members of the EPFO can click on to the following link for visiting the portal. For doing so, one has to click on to the link of https://uan members.epfoservices.in/
- One may not be sure about the activation of his UAN and for checking and knowing the status of it one can surely visit this website.
UAN Number UAN Registration UAN Activation
Few other steps for checking the status of the UAN
- After visiting the official website, one will have to click on to the option of Know your UAN link
- Next, one will have to click on to the link that shows Know your UAN Status.
- Here, one will have to enter the details of his PF like his PF number. It should be remembered that the PF number should be entered correctly so that one is able to receive the correct status of the UAN.
- Next the state where the registered office is needs to be selected.
- Even if one is not sure of the state to which the registered office belongs, he can enter the first two letters of the PF number as they stand for the state where the registered office is.
- Next the region of the PF office needs to be selected.
- There may be chances that the state is having different regions.
- For helping one to know the exact region, the next 3 letters of the PF number will come to use.
- Once both of these has been entered, the rest of the numbers in one’s PF number gets filled up automatically but it is always recommended to verify the automatically filled number with one’s own PF number.
- Now, the organization number is to be entered, and this number is present in the PF number’s first group of digits.
- The extension is the next that needs to be filled up.
- There are certain cases where there are no extensions in the PF numbers. One need not worry about such cases as he can leave the column blank if the case is so.
- Next, one’s PF number needs to be entered.
- Once, these processes have been completed one can check the status of his UAN or the Universal Account Number.
- One can also contact the helpdesk of UAN with the toll free number of -1800118005 for further queries.