What Is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is a type of internet-based work out which provides communal processing assets and information to computers and various other devices simply on demand. It’s a model which enables on-demand ubiquitous access to the available shared pool of computing resources that are configurable. Cloud computing and the availed storage solution provides the internet users and enterprises with storage capabilities and needed data processing in their information centers which are third parties. It greatly depends on the sharing of resources so as to accomplish scale economies and coherence.
At the cloud computing foundation there is a broader notion of shared services and converged infrastructure. Cloud computing main aim is to enable convenient and on-demand access to the network. It involves a shared pool of computing resources that are configurable such as networks, storage, servers, services, and applications. They can quickly be released and provisioned with very minimal effort.
Protagonists claim that companies are able to avoid infrastructure upfront cost and are able to focus more on the projects that distinguish their businesses in place of infrastructure. Protagonists also make a claim that cloud computing enables enterprises to have applications running much faster. It also enables improves manageability and require less maintenance.
Allows IT to adjust resources more rapidly so as to meet unpredictable and fluctuating commercial demand. Cloud benefactors apply “pay as you go” motto. This sometimes leads to unexpected charges that are high if administrators fail to implement cloud pricing archetypal.
Currently, there are relatively low-value computers, networks of high capacity and devices used for storage along with the widespread implementation of the service-oriented architecture, hardware virtualization and autonomic plus utility computing. Corporations scale up when computing needs rise and can scale down when demands decline. This has become a service that is high on demand because there are numerous advantages such as computing power that is high, cheap service cost, scalability, high performance, accessibility and also availability.
Other cloud dealers grow at a high rate of 50 percent per year. However, this is still in the infancy stage and needs proper attention so as to make the services offered by cloud computing more reliable and friendly to the user.
Cloud computing characteristics:
- Agility advances the users aptitude to re-provision infrastructure technological resources.
- Cost diminutions are claimed by cloud benefactors. A public cloud model of delivery alters capital expenditure into operational expenditure. This will lower the entry barrier. The infrastructure is provided by the third party and there is no need to purchase for only one time. Pricing on the basis of utility computing is fine grained.
- Location and device independence- this allows users to access into systems while using a web browser in spite of their current location or what they use on the devices for example mobiles or PC.as the infrastructure is delivered by the third party and can be accessed through the internet. Users can easily gain access from anywhere.
- Maintenance- this quite easy since there is no need of installation on the user’s computers and can retrieve from the different places.
- Multitenancy- it allows the resources sharing and the cost involving a very large pool of customers therefore allowing
- Centralization of the infrastructure in a certain location where the cost is relatively low for example electricity and real estate.
- Peak- load capacity increases in that the users do not need to engineer for uppermost possible levels of load.
- Efficiency and utilization in the improvements of systems that are frequently utilized only by 10-20%
- Performance is closely monitored and the consistent and architectures loosely coupled are constructed from web services as an interface system
- Productivity might be greatly increased as multiple users are to work simultaneously on the same data. Rather than waiting upon for it to be protected then emailed. This save time are the data need not be re-filled if the fields match. The users also are not required to install the software application upgrades onto their computer devices.
- Reliability- it advances with the use of multiple sites that are redundant which makes cloud computing that is well designed suitable for disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Elasticity and scalability through dynamic provisioning of the resources on fine-grained, basic self-service in real-time. Without the users engineering peak loads. This provides the aptitude to effectively scale up if the user needs rise or decrease when resources available are not used properly used.
Security this improves when data is centralized, security of resources increases etc. But concern arises when there is a loss of certain data that is sensitive. The provided security us quite good and much better than traditional systems.
- However, the security complexity increases greatly when information data is dispersed over a large area or over numerous devices
Cloud computing has a bright future ahead. Many computer users and enterprises are going to adopt this technology since it has many advantages as compared to other technologies.